Kanika Sustainability Statement
OUR SUSTAINABILITY STATEMENT
Our commitment to operating our hotels in a responsible way is deeply rooted in our company’s Vision, Mission and Values. Our understanding of becoming a sustainable hospitality company is outlined in the Kanika Hotels & Resorts Sustainability Statement:
SERVICE, PROFESSIONALISM, INNOVATION, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK
These are the Kanika Hotels & Resorts values.
‘To offer the leading hospitality experience in Cyprus with innovative facilities and excellent services inspired by the Kanika Spirit’, includes a commitment on several levels.
As leaders in our field we acknowledge that the environment, local communities and our employees are critical to our business success.
Our Hotels are also committed to complying with our own Policy Statement that is certified by internationally recognised bodies and which outlines our policies on Quality, Food Safety, the Environment, and Health and Safety.
To demonstrate our commitment to developing sustainable tourism, Kanika Hotels & Resorts has developed a Community and Employees Policy. This policy not only complies with Travelife prerequisites, but also outlines how we invest in our employees – the company’s biggest asset – and contribute to the community. This in turn has a positive impact on our valued guests who will enjoy excellent quality services. For Kanika Hotels & Resorts, this translates into services, supplies and an overall product that is environmentally sound, while reducing the environmental impact of our day-to-day operations and our supply chain.
Adherence to all applicable laws, directives and guidelines is a business imperative. We continuously strive to improve our performance and our standing in society. We set challenging targets for ourselves, then review our progress and set new and higher goals.
We commit to incorporate sustainability into everyday business practice by undertaking the following:
- To give emphasis to energy efficiency, CO2 reduction, water efficiency, waste reduction, renewable energy, and purchasing
- To develop and motivate our employees through training and active involvement
- To ensure that our training techniques, procedures and strategies will integrate positively into our valued guests’ experience
- To strive to continuously improve our performance in all areas of our sustainability operations
- To evaluate all suppliers and business partners in order to promote understanding and improve overall performance for all concerned
- To share best practices and comply with local, national and international legislation
- To ensure that the use of our land is always in harmony with nature by applying innovative and best practices
- To support, physically and fiscally, initiatives within the local community and across the island
- To recognise and communicate our employees’ achievements throughout the company
- To publish corporate performance vis-à-vis our budgets as per legal requirements.
That is what leading hoteliers around the world do, and it is what we must do as a leader in the Cyprus hospitality industry. Our proactive approach in managing sustainability issues is an inherent part of the Group’s Corporate Governance framework and risk management system.