Here’s what you can look forward to this wedding season.
Pinterest and wedding inspiration go hand in hand. Brides-to-be spend hours on the photo-sharing site saving ideas for their big day. And let’s be honest, you don’t need to have a ring on your finger to have a secret bridal board (cough, cough). With such a strong foothold in the wedding industry, Pinterest has been able to keep track of all the hottest trends. The company’s 2017 Wedding Report offers a picture-perfect glimpse of what you’re going to see walking down the aisle this year.
And when you’re going to see it. Based on the report, which highlights the searches that are rising in popularity, Pinterest is seeing a 280 percent increase in fall bridal inspiration. Move over spring and summer, there’s a new wedding season in town. It looks like 2017 is also the year brides will kick the nude habit and go for a more daring makeup look. As for the grooms, black suits are so 2016. Keep scrolling to track all the Pinterest wedding trends on the rise.
1. The search for off-the-shoulder wedding dresses is up 158 percent. Apparently, the spring fashion trend is also rising in the bridal market.
2. While some brides prefer to wear nude lipstick (there’s a lot of kissing involved on your wedding day), Pinterest found that berry lips are the trend for 2017.
3. More and more brides are wearing their natural hair, as evidenced by the fact that “natural hair brides” searches are up 30 percent on Pinterest.
4. Statement earrings are one way brides are going to add glam to their wedding ensembles this year.
5. You can expect to see pink eyeshadow on a few of your friends getting married this spring, since it’s 45 percent more popular.
6. Brides are going the Beyoncé and Jay Z route by getting tattoos to signify a permanent love. That includes bouquet tats, wedding ring alternatives, and wedding date ink.
7. And for the grooms, the fashion trends are steering away from plain ole black and gray. There’s been a 90 percent uptick in searches for blue suits.
Article provided by Self.com. www.self.com/story/pinterest-wedding-trends-2017